úterý, prosince 12, 2006

My Opavian Weekend, and the posts to come

So to make it easier and less confusing for those of you following my confusing life, I am separating the past couple of days into a couple of posts. The first is here: My Opavian weekend

So Sunday night was my kolona (ples, bal etc.). Basically it was the ball that follows the end of the dancing class that czech kids take. Since the ball was in Opava, and I am currently situated in Brno, I had to go up to attend.

I went up on Saturday (my first experience taking a bus, and not a train, from place to place; rather nice actually, kind of like an airplane of wheels) and stayed until Monday. It was good to see Maria, Mint and Oey again, even if it had been only the previous weekend (or two; i don't remember) that I had seen them. We went to our old haunts (Pizzeria Uno; we tend to spend like 4 or 5 hours at a time there, just eating and talking), wandered around the christmas markets and just hung out.

Sunday was a lazy day, and then getting ready for the ball. Mint came over with Oey and we just hung out and got ready. Straighting my hair is something apparently everyone wants to do, so this time Maria's host sister, Vendy, did it. Though I have to say, Mint is more meticulous! I got help with makeup stuff (as most people know, it is not something I really know how to do), and then we went off to the "kulturni dum" (culture house) for our ball. It lasted from 5 until 10 pm, and consisted of us dancing (I can't dance, had a new partner, and hadn't been to the last 2 classes, which really didn't make a difference), a couple "professional" dance pairs, some little kids doing baton twirling and cheerleading like stuff, and some medieval interprative sword fight. I got to see the two people from my old class that I think I would have become friends with, and would like to keep in touch with, and hang out with my exchanger friends.

Monday, Maria "finished school early", and so I stayed until like 4. We did more old haunts (aka pizzeria uno), and more wandering around the christmas markets. I bought socks, and started to buy a few presents for a few people. Then I took the train back to brno, and came to where I live here. It was a good weekend.

Žádné komentáře: