pátek, prosince 08, 2006

A lazy day and the vanoční trh

So today is officially another lazy day. I haven't been to school in like 2 weeks (minus the one day at the school of the family that had a cat, and thus wouldn't work, and the one day with all the other exchangers talking to the school of the girl who would have been my host sister, but the parents are in Thailand, and thus that didn't work either), and so my days have been filled with sleep, reading, and Brno.

I am still waiting for a family, but that is supposed to happen soon (I hope; life is boring alone for 2 weeks with no one to hang out with). I rather looking forward to that. It will be hard, but I plan on completely starting over (minus the language==> that I have a pretty good handle on and definitely don't want to start over), and from the beginning trying really hard, and being outgoing and open to EVERYTHING (well, almost everything).

So yesterday was officially 7 months until the return date on my plane ticket; July 7th. That was a milestone. The past three months have gone by really quickly. The past 2 weeks haven't so much, but I figure with a new family, school, hopefully friends, and Christmas coming up, the next couple months will fly by. It's like I'm already 3/10 of the way done with an incredibly hard swimming set. I have to keep going, and when I finish I will really feel like I have accomplished something.

The Vanočni trh translates to the christmas market. A short czech lesson: r often functions as a vowel in czech words. Thus the famous saying: strč prst skrz krk (stick a finger down/through your throat). Anyway, in all the towns (most of the bigger ones anyway, like bigger than 10,000) there is a a market, with little house things selling things, a christmas tree, and good food. There is slovakian cheese, which is really good, but I can't remember the name right now; turecky med (turkish honey), which is like a hard sweet with nuts, and is really good; bramborak (like a latke==> they don't have any with jalepenos =(; medovina (alcoholic honey; i havne't tried it yet) and other delicious things.

This weekend I am going up to Opava to see my dear exchangers, and to go to the end ball for my dance class (I ended up missing the last two classes), so I probably won't be doing much dancing, but that is okay!

Anyway, I am going to try to update more often. I was going through some stuff before, but I am alive, and surviving. This weekend will hopefully be good, and once I get a new family and stuff, I expect things to slowly get better. I will send out another email with my new address and things (snail mail is always appreciated!), once I get them.

Žádné komentáře: