sobota, října 28, 2006

Once in a svatek

So today was a holiday. That means that nothing happens in Opava. I was supposed to meet Oey, an exchange student from Thailand in the centrum at 10, but apparently certain buses don't run on holidays. And then the train an hour and a half later was half an hour late. And then nothing was open, but we happened up on (appon; can't remember the spelling!) an asian bistro (many in Opava) that was open, after passing up a scary looking czech cafeteria. We only have like 45 minutes before I had to leave, but it was nice to talk to her. And then I went to the basketball games of the team I am joining. They lost both, but didn't play too badly. Hopefully I'll get to play soon.

I had some "feeling czech" moments today. The first was when I rolled up the bottom of my pants. Everyone does it here. I've never done it before. I guess it's so they don't get dirty. The second was that I bought a 1,5 L bottle of water and carried it around. Everyone also does that here.

This was supposed to post on Saturday. Let's all go back and pretend that it's saturday. Whooo.

Žádné komentáře: