pondělí, října 30, 2006

And then it came again...

So I'm back again. It was good to talk to a lot of you last night. After the confirmation that my blog actually has a healthy readership, I will try earnestly to update regulary.

First to start: Hi Grandpa!

Okay, anyway, I have had some requests for some post topics (thanks Mom). I guess it's true though because I promised at the beginning to write posts on some aspects of everyday life, and so far I've only done school. But don't fret, there are still 8 more months (wow, it's already been 2). The one thing that has come up repeatedly is Daši and Luci, and just life with 4 year olds. I guess I unknowingly haven't mentioned them at all. But don't worry, they exist and are as energetic as ever.

So here it goes: 4 year olds have a lot of energy, can keep themselves busy with the simplest things, are very loud and very cute. So Daši and Luci are 4 and like 2 months. I actually expected them to be a little older when I got here, but it doesn't really make a difference now. I don't actually see them that much during the week because they are in preschool while Dana and Pavel work and I'm in school, and now I've started some activities after school and such. They usually got to bed at like 8, so I will usually only see them for like an hour or 2 on schooldays. It's a little odd because once they go to sleep the housepretty much shuts down. This means I have been getting a lot of sleep lately because I will usually go to bed by 9:30.

Weekends usually consist of them waking up early (about 7), as I think all li9ttle kids do and is the reson why elementary schools should start earlier than high schools. They will play various tings (I usually join them for a little while, but I can't handle too much Barbie in one go), or watch some kid's tv program (about the only thing other than the occasional BBC that I watch here). We usually go to some relative's house or have people over on weekends.

Overall they are very cute little girls, but I'm still getting used to living with little kids. They require a good deal of attention from someone and often get into little fights that arequickly resolved, but usually result in tears.

Again I will answer any specific questions on the topic that I haven't answered because I'm not exactly sure what people want to know!

1 komentář:

Anonymní řekl(a)...

You're doing a great job of keeping us connected to you. Some of the things I'm curious about: What kinds of food do you eat? Does the family eat together? What jobs do your host parents have?