sobota, ledna 06, 2007

Exciting things

So in the past couple weeks, there are been two things from back home which are really exciting to me. The first is:

Becca has a car! Well, a truck to be exact, but it has 4 wheels, and goes (I hope...), and is one of the ones I like. So now I guess I really have to work on getting my license when I get back, something which it looks like BVSD is giving me one less week to do. They have [finally] decided to change the school schedule, and start school a little earlier (August 17th) and end at the end of May. And have 1st semester finals before Winter Break. Finally. People realizing what students have wanted since the beginning of time. No one likes to have 2 weeks off filled with studying. So when I get home, I have 14 more hours to drive, and I also have to learn how to drive stick, and then I can drive my truck to school!

The other exciting news I got today is about my PSAT scores. So I know I'm crazy in taking the PSAT and SAT here, but hey, it seems to be paying off. I got a selection index (combined score) is 230, out of 240. It's very exciting because I got all the math questions right (score of 80), 2 reading questions wrong (score of 78) and 3 writing questions wrong (score of 72). In all the sections, it said that I scored higher than 99% of all juniors, both in Colorado and nation-wide. Now I just hope that these scores continue when I take the SAT this month in Vienna. I'm a little worried about the essay, seeing as I haven't written anything formal in like 7 months, but hopefully it will go okay. It was weird because I got a text tonight from Dad saying, you there? call us. At first I was really scared, because our calls aren't supposed to be this week, and it sounded like maybe something bad happened. So I got on the computer and saw that it was about good news, not bad, thank g-d. So I talked to my parents tonight, and heard about my PSAT scores. I'm excited, and just hope now that they don't go down dramatically on the actual test.

1 komentář:

Anonymní řekl(a)...

Your Mom called today to do a little bragging about your scores. We're all so proud of you,but it's not unexpected. You'll be fine with whatever you choose to do. We send our love...Grandma & Grandpa