neděle, března 11, 2007

A play on gypsies

So this weekend was a makeshift AFS weekend. Friday night was divadlo (theater) in Brno. It was called "gypsies going to heaven" and was a strange play. It was a musical, and the music was good (it was the closest thing i have heard to jewish folk music in 6 months), and made me realize that yes, gypsies and jews come from the same part of the world....no wonder the music is similar.

Then we stayed in a hostel in Brno friday night and saturday night. Saturday night I went with summer (hong kong), por (thailand), makki (japan) and poom (thailand) to 'Babel', an amazing film. I am the only one in that group who really understands czech, so we thought that it was in english, but the film ended up being in 4 languages, with czech subtitles. About half of it was in english though, and maybe a quarter or so in japanese, so everyone understood and liked it.

I thought it was amazing. It's been awhile since I have seen a film where you had to think about things so much, and how everything is interconnected. I would definitely recommend it.

It also made me realize how beautiful a city Tokyo is, and how much I really want to go there.

It was nice to go with them. I talked to Por more than I have ever before, and she is really nice. It is nice to know that I have people in a lot of countries in the world where I could probably go and have a place to stay, and people to see. It's a good feeling.

So this weekend Maria (brasil) is staying with me for the week....Wait, that sentence doesn't make a lot of sense, but I think you get the jist. I will update probably next weekend.

Papa! (like cau)...

1 komentář:

Anonymní řekl(a)...

Hi Becca,
I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog! You explain your experiences with insight and humor. Thanks for bringing your world alive for those of us still here in Boulder. I look forward to seeing you when you return in July. Maybe we can have lunch or something together. By the way, I always get compliments on the guitar and Hebrew plate you created for me which I keep in my office.
I look forward to reading more!
Holli