pondělí, května 14, 2007

Chorvatsko

or in other words, Croatia.

I am off bright and early tomorrow morning (4 am) with 3 friends (maria, marta, jason) to ljubljana, zagreb, split and hvar. And I am rather excited.

We started planning this trip as a theoretical possibility probably 2 months ago, maybe more. At the time, it seemed so far away. So close to the end and a wind down. Now it is here, and it is hard to believe.

With around 50 days left, time is flying by. My parents (hopefully) are coming on the 25th of June, 2 days after Cristian leaves. We will (I think; mom is planning everything) go around the Czech Republic, and then maybe also to Budapest, Bratislava and Ausschwitz.

I truly have to say that I am ready to be home. This year has been great, and I have friends I will hopefully be able to visit from around the world, but on the czech side of things, it has been tough. I am on my 4th family, one woman who I am not sure if I will connect with, but is offering me a place to stay none the less, and my 2nd school. School has been the toughest thing of them all. For whatever reason, whether it be me or some other reason, I have had a really hard time connecting with czech teenagers. I like the country, the language and everything, and after spending 5 days last weekend in Prague, I have decided that well I may not want to live as a czech person, I wouldn´t so much mind living in Czech. Who knows if it will happen, but it is a possibility open to me.

One thing I worry about for next year is how to keep up my czech. I like the language, even if the grammar is insanely difficult, but I don´t want to lose it. I have bought some czech books and cds, and I know I have some friends (mostly in Brasil) I can write to in czech, but I worry about losing my speaking ability. If any of you happen to know a czech speaker, let me know!

As this year comes to a close, I am trying to keep travelling to see my friends, and speak czech. I am now starting to think in czech a bit, though the grammar makes that a bit tough. But I like it. I have currently read 1.5 books in czech, the first being Kroníka ohlašene smrt, or chronicles of a death foretold, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, quíte good, but a bit of a tough read for a first book. The one I am currently seeing is rather interesting. It is called Jak Jsem Viděl Ameriku, or how I saw america, written my a czech (oslovakian) who travelled around the US for 5 months right after Communism fell.

I have been trying to go to rowing, but things there are just ramping up as my schedule does too. As opposed to how it is in the US, with sports coming to a close around May, here stuff is just starting. I just found out that my rowing club is going to some European competition next weekend, but I can´t go seeing as I will be in Croatia. And after that I have only about 3 more weeks.

It is amazing to think at the beginning how the 3 months I was here seemed so long, and yet so short. This year seems to have flown by, with preparations ramping up for the next. I am so glad I took a year to see how others live, but am definitely ready to get on with my own life.

I definitely feel that perhaps this wasn´t the best program or time for me to come, but that cannot be changed. As such, I am just happy that I have learned a lot about others, and about myself.

In the next couple months, I start thinking about the future: college, mostly. Where, what, when, how. All the nuts and bolts about where I will be the 4 years after.

1 komentář:

Joel Golli řekl(a)...

Opravdu si vážím DR AKHIGBE, jmenuji se LAURIE HUGHES. Nikdy nepřestanu svědčit o DR AKHIGBE, Štěstí je vše, co teď vidím, nikdy jsem si nemyslel, že budu znovu vyléčen z viru HIV. DR AKHIGBE to pro mě udělal Jsem trpící smrtelnou nemocí (HIV) za poslední 2 roky, utratil jsem spoustu peněz od jednoho místa k druhému, od kostelů po kostely, nemocnice byly můj domov každý den rezidence. Neustálé kontroly byly mým koníčkem až do tohoto věrného dne, viděl jsem svědectví o tom, jak DR AKHIGBE pomohl někomu v léčbě jeho onemocnění HIV na internetu rychle jsem zkopíroval jeho e-mail, který je drrealakhigbe@gmail.com, jen abych mu dal test, který jsem mluvil on mě požádal, abych udělal některé určité věci, které jsem udělal, řekl mi, že mi poskytne bylinné léčení, které udělal, a potom mě požádal, abych po několika dnech, po použití bylinná léčba a já jsem, hle, byl jsem osvobozen od smrtelné nemoci, až dosud žádné HIV ve mně znovu požádal mě, abych poslal svědectví po celém světě, věrně to dělám teď, všechna svědectví DR AKHIGBE jsou pravdivá prosím BROTHER a SISTER, MATKA a OTEC je skvělý, dlužím mu na oplátku. Pokud máte podobný problém, pošlete mu e-mail na adresu drrealakhigbe@gmail.com nebo můžete, co je jeho mobilní číslo na čísle +2349010754824, může také vyléčit tyto nemoci jako HIV a AIDS, DENGUE FEVER. HERPES, DIABETIKA, RAKOVINA, HEPATITIS A & B, CHRONICKÉ CHOROBY, VYSOKÁ Krevní ochrana, obezita, ASTHMA, SRDECKÉ CHOROBY, VNĚJŠÍ INFEKCE, EPILEPSY, STROKE, VÍCEJÍCÍ SCLERÓZA, NAUSEA, VOMITING NEBO DIARRINUS, ZÁVĚRKA, PAUZA, ZÁVĚR, ZÁVĚRKA MALARIE, BAKTERIE, PULMONÁRNÍ FIBROSIS. DIARRHEA, JAPANISE B ENCEPHALITIES, RABIE, SNÍDANÁ INFEKCE. CYSTIC FIBROSIS, ETC. Prosím, pošlete e-mail drrealakhigbe@gmail.com nebo co je jeho aplikace .. + 2349010754824 je to skutečný dobrý a čestný muž. webové stránky ... https: drrealakhigbe.weebly.com