čtvrtek, září 28, 2006

Mishmash padahash

So I have today and tomorrow off from school for some national holiday that was only made a holiday like 7 years ago. I have basically no idea what it's for. Anyway, I'm sitting here writing recipes and trying to find metric conversions.

The past couple of days have been good. I've talked to more of my classmates (in the usual german, czech and english combination), gone to dancing (got stepped on more times than I can count-->I need to find a new partner), had my first experience with czech beer and read one of the best books I've ever read.

Starting with the book. Ayn Rand is amazing. Anthem I have to say may be better than The Fountainhead, but both are on my list of the best books I've ever read. Anthem reminded me a lot of Brave New World (Aldous Huxley) both in message and content. I would recommend reading any of these books.

From what I've tried of both American beer and Czech beer (both aren't very much and yes, I have permission to try it, and no it's not illegal), I have to say that Czech beer is better. And the fact that teenagers don't want to get drunk is a good thing too. I went with some kids from Neplachovice (17-18 years old) for them to show me the railway station and how all that jazz works. Then they showed me the stuff in Neplachovice and Holasovice (not much), and then we went to a "Motorrest" and had a beer. It was interesting, and the rate and point was much the same as me and my friends going to go drink coffee (Hannah- no one here has heard of a mocha and they find the idea of chocolate and coffee together very strange...I'm going to have to make it sometime). Just to talk and hang out. So that was really the first time I've ever had beer (they're huge! .5L), and it was a good experience.

Dancing. I can't dance. I really can't. Neither can my partner. And he doesn't speak english or german so I often have no idea what's going on. I guess I'm trying to say, I need a new partner, but I don't know how to get one. Maria said that maybe next week she'll dance with the guy I've been dancing with and let me try someone else...Thank you!

So I'm having some of my classmates and some of the other exchange students over on Saturday for my birthday. I don't know what we're going to do, but hopefully it'll be a good experience. I'm making brownies because the cakes all used a pan we don't have here. I'll update more later.

Anyway, that's pretty much what's happening. I'll try and get some pictures online soon, but that involves downloading some stuff etc. Hopefully within the next week.

2 komentáře:

Anonymní řekl(a)...

Beer - uh oh - note to self - lock up the wine collection when Becca gets back

Becca řekl(a)...

Hey, I've been here for a month and had one beer. I think your wine is safe =)